1890's Victorian Mid-Bust Corset - PRINTED Pattern
A multi size paper pattern for a curvy late Victorian style corset. Circa 1890-1903.
This corset has 14 panels (7 each side) and is designed to finish around mid-bust level (not overbust, you will need a chemise or other undergarment). It's curvier than our 'Late Victorian Midbust' pattern with a 7cm waist reduction, and features the classic Victorian rounded belly look. It has no lacing gap factored in to the pattern, so is designed to close at the back. You can add a lacing gap by removing width in the back panels if you prefer. Sizes 6-26 are included, see size chart in the product images for more information.
As a rough guideline, this pattern requires the following materials:
- 85cm of 150cm wide coutil for a single layer corset with self-made boning channels in same coutil.
- OR 85cm each of 150cm wide fashion, strength and lining fabrics.
- Spoon busk. 32-36cm depending on corset size. If you don’t have a spoon busk, you can shape a regular busk to curve in at the bottom. It’s not quite the same, but will work in a pinch.
- Boning - dependent on preference. Our sample has been made with 5mm synthetic whalebone. We placed double boning channels over each seam and in the centre of each panel. For double boning channels, you need approximately 15.5 metres of 5mm whalebone and 1.5 metres of flat steel
- 5mm hole eyelets - approximately 30-34 depending on corset size/height at the centre back.
- Binding material - up to 3m depending on corset size.
- Lacing ribbon - 5m of your preferred lacing material.
PLEASE NOTE: The pattern information covers required materials, basic measurements and sewing order. It does not include detailed instructions for inserting busks/eyelets/binding etc. This pattern also does not include seam allowances.
This is a PRINTED pattern, no home printing or taping pieces together required.
Nationwide courier - est. 2-3 business day delivery. Flat rate of $8.50
FREE for orders over $100
Standard untracked airmail - est. 3-10 days delivery. Shipping cost calculated by weight at checkout.
International courier - est. 2-6 days delivery. Shipping cost calculated by weight at checkout