Late Victorian Mid-Bust Corset - PRINTED Pattern
A multi size pattern for a simple late Victorian style corset. Circa 1880-1890s.
This corset has 12 panels (6 each side) and is designed to finish around mid-bust level (not overbust, you will need a chemise or other undergarment). It's gently shaped with a 5cm waist reduction and has a 5cm lacing gap factored in to the pattern. Sizes 6-26 are included, see size chart in the product images for more information.
As a rough guideline, this pattern requires the following materials:
- 70cm of 150cm wide coutil for a single layer corset with self-made boning channels in same coutil.
- OR 70cm each of 150cm wide fashion, strength and lining fabrics.
- Two piece busk. 30 - 33cm depending on corset size.
- Boning - dependant on preference. We used approximately 7 metres of 7mm spiral steel and 1.5 metres of flat steel for our sample.
- 5mm hole eyelets - approximately 26 - 32 depending on corset size/height at the centre back.
- Binding material - up to 3m depending on corset size.
- Lacing ribbon - 5m of your preferred lacing material.
PLEASE NOTE: The pattern information covers required materials, basic measurements and sewing order. It does not include detailed instructions for inserting busks/eyelets/binding etc.
This is a PRINTED pattern, no home printing or taping pieces together required.
Nationwide courier - est. 2-3 business day delivery. Flat rate of $8.
FREE for orders over $100
Standard untracked airmail - est. 3-10 days delivery. Shipping cost calculated by weight at checkout.
International courier - est. 2-6 days delivery. Shipping cost calculated by weight at checkout