Waist Cincher - PDF Pattern
A multi size PDF pattern for a short waist cinching corset with extra front lacing detail. This pattern has seven panels per side, which helps with an even distribution of curves. It is a great style for beginner corsetmakers to practice construction as the extra panels mean that you get a dramatic shape with no crazy curves to navigate with sewing/boning.
This corset has 14 panels (7 each side). It is designed to give a 4cm waist reduction. The hip spring (the difference between the waist and high hip circumferences) is around 26cm and the rib spring (difference between the waist and rib/underbust circumferences) is around 11cm. There is a 5cm lacing gap factored in to the pattern. Sizes 6-26 are included, see size chart in the product images for more information.
As a rough guideline, this pattern requires the following materials:
- 65cm of 150cm wide coutil for a single layer corset with self-made boning channels in same coutil.
- OR 65cm each of 150cm width fashion, strength and lining fabrics.
- Two piece busk. 20 - 25cm depending on corset size.
- Boning - dependant on preference. We used approximately 1.8 metres of 7mm spiral steel and 1.2 metres of flat steel for our sample.
- 5mm hole eyelets - approximately 20 - 26 depending on corset size/height at the centre back.
- Binding material - up to 3m depending on corset size.
- Lacing ribbon - 3.5-4m of your preferred lacing material.
PLEASE NOTE: The pattern information covers required materials, basic measurements and sewing order. It does not include detailed instructions for inserting busks/eyelets/binding etc.
This is a DIGITAL PDF pattern, available for immediate download and printing.