Simple Underbust Corset - Modest waist reduction- PDF Pattern
A multi size PDF pattern for a basic underbust corset. This is a great style for beginner corsetmakers to practice construction as you don't have to contend with bust fitting issues or dramatically curved pieces.
This corset has 12 panels (6 each side). It is designed to give a modest 3cm waist reduction, making this a great shape for beginner corset makers, new corset wearers or wearers that don't want a lot of reduction. The hip spring (the difference between the waist and high hip circumferences) is around 25cm and the rib spring (difference between the waist and rib/underbust circumferences) is around 8cm. There is a 5cm lacing gap factored in to the pattern. Sizes 6-26 are included, see size chart in the product images for more information.
As a rough guideline, this pattern requires the following materials:
- 70cm of 150cm wide coutil for a single layer corset with self-made boning channels in same coutil.
- OR 70cm each of 150cm wide fashion, strength and lining fabrics.
- Two piece busk. 23-26cm depending on corset size.
- Boning - dependant on preference. We used approximately 4.6 metres of 7mm spiral steel and 1.7 metres of flat steel for our sample.
- 5mm hole eyelets - approximately 24 - 28 depending on corset size/height at the centre back.
- Binding material - up to 3m depending on corset size.
- Lacing ribbon - 5m of your preferred lacing material.
PLEASE NOTE: The pattern information covers required materials, basic measurements and sewing order. It does not include detailed instructions for inserting busks/eyelets/binding etc.
This is a DIGITAL PDF pattern, available for immediate download and printing.